[malibu beach, california]
Summer is definitely my favorite season of the year. On top of all the sunshine/beach/poolside bliss, I was born a full on summer baby - my birthday is in late June, the hottest time of the year where I live. I love the laid back relaxed pace summer brings - nothing beats sipping a cold drink beside the pool, with a nice book/magazine in hand!
Lazy pool days aside, summer also marks mid way through the year. It's the time of year to revisit those resolutions we made in the beginning of the year... or even set some new ones. It's time to be adventurous and try something new; time to cross off those things on your mental to do list that you've been wanting to do for so long, yet never found time to during those busy earlier months of the year.
Here are my few to dos for this summer:
1. Host a girl's brunch party in my new kitchen
2. Start doing yoga again, and stick to it this time
3. Venture out into nature for a hike and/or picnic
4. Make variations of this blueberry crumb bar
5. More leisure reading. Finish 3 books, at least.