Here are some randoms from my August:
- Embracing all things fall. From muted pastel nails to creamy pumpkin scented hand soap from Bath & Body Works. A little early but I can't wait for weather to turn cooler!
[OPI "My Very First Knockwurst" from the Germany Fall 2012 Collection]
- Purple Sweet Potatoes. Did you know that purple sweet potatoes have a much higher level of Vitamin A than the usual orangey kind? They are so yummy and satisfying, but are low in unhealthy sugars. Perfect compliment for a healthy meal. I steam them to retain most of its flavors, and have been having them as both a mid day snack and a dinner side dish.
[Pairing sweet potatoes with grilled chicken, mixed greens and corn. So good!]
- Productivity! Ticked off a few things on my to do list - completed a project I was working on since June, caught up with friends I've bee meaning to see in a long time, and learned a new Chinese recipe emphasizing on summer seasonal vegetables.
- Sugar Cravings. Kicking lazy days and sugar cravings in the butt. I have a major sweet tooth and get that really bad craving every now and then. I've come to realize that eating healthy has helped me a lot in keeping my sweet tooth under control.
- The Weather. What's with the uber sunny Mondays, yet uber gloomy/stormy weekends? This has got to stop!
[I take random snaps like the ones above using my iPhone. You can find more on my Instagram @rachhanne]